Today is National Ice Cream Day and I am celebrating with some Andy’s! My favorite thing to get at Andy’s is a vanilla concrete with Oreo’s and Cheesecake. MMMM so good!
Because of National Ice Cream Day, I found some fun facts!
- Top selling ice cream flavors are: vanilla – 33% of the market and chocolate – 19%.
- It takes 5.8 pounds of whole milk and one pound of cream to make one gallon of ice cream!
- California produces the most ice cream in America.
- Chocolate syrup is the world’s most popular ice cream topping.
- It takes about 50 licks to finish a single scoop ice cream cone.
- An average dairy cow can produce enough milk in her lifetime to make a little over 9,000 gallons of ice cream.
- The U.S. produces the most ice cream in the world.
- Missouri designated the Ice Cream Cone as the Official State Dessert in 2008.
- February 4th is National Ice Cream for Breakfast Day.
- The major ingredient in ice cream is air!
- In 1985, the biggest ice cream sundae was made in California. It stood 12 ft tall and was made with 4,667 gallons of ice cream!
- The average American eats 45.8 pints of ice cream a year.
- Chocolate ice cream was invented before vanilla.